Here’s a list of what I’m working on, in case you were wondering:
- Exile: The Book of Ever, the first in a trilogy of postapocalyptic young adult science fiction novels, forthcoming from Evil Toad Press. The book’s done and out to my beta readers. The release date’s looking like late summer or early fall, at this point. I’ll be posting a cover reveal and a blurb here soon, so stay tuned for more on this one.
- The Akkian Mass (working title), an in-progress swordpunk novel. You can read the first two chapters for free right here. I’m not sure when this one will be done yet, but I’m hoping to release it in fourth quarter 2014 or first quarter 2015.
- Children of the Taking, my in-progress epic fantasy. This is book one of a series of as-yet undetermined length. I’m a solid one-third of the way through the story and have about 70,000 words written. This promises to be a long one (I’d be very surprised if it clocks in at under 200K words) so it’s possible “Book One” will end up becoming Books One and Two. Story usually happens in a very traditional three act structure for me, on both macro and micro levels, but it’s not always possible to predict how long each of those acts for me. I conceived of this series as a trilogy, but it might turn out to need more space than that.
- A variety of short stories, some for submission to online magazines, and a couple for a book I’m working jointly on with P.J. Fox. If you liked her novel The Demon of Darkling Reach, you’re probably going to like this project too, so stay tuned.
- Book Two of The Book of Ever. I need a break from Ever and Co. before I jump into writing the sequel, so I’ll be working on one or all of the above projects for the rest of the summer (unless Ever demands attention).
There’s always a long list of other ideas on the back burner, of course, but these are the projects that are primarily taking up my attention at the moment.